A series of public events (discussions, workshops, round tables) are organised by Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal (social cooperative) in cooperation with Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Office Thessaloniki, Greece on four thematic axes that contribute to an informed and visionary dialogue on social green innovation and climate policies and how best to integrate them in Greece with a view to transforming the current economic and social model. In addition, efforts will be made to provide space and opportunities for reflection on crucial issues in view of the European elections (end of May).
Changing the productive and economic model
Circular / green economy the basis for a new productive – economic model for Greece and Europe
Climate change, a challenge to change the economic – productive and consumer model and create new economic activities and new jobs
Energy cooperatives, a tool for changing the energy model and promoting investment by citizens – European experience, good examples, new tools created at European level, producing energy in the city and the neighborhoods
Social and solidarity economy and how it is understood in society and institutionally in Europe and the US
Science and technology
From chemistry of hazardous materials and components and heavy industry, to green chemistry, green design and green products
From gray to green infrastructure at the time of climate change
Digital technology and economy – how they will work for the benefit of society, the environment and sustainable prosperity
A new social policy based on social and green innovation as well as social investment
1. The housing crisis, red loans and possible role / prospects of social housing – the European experience of housing and social housing
2. Alternative financial tools to promote smaller or larger projects with a social impact and benefit.
3. The crisis of health systems and the need for a holistic approach to health
4. The social pillar and European integration in the era of nationalism and inequality
5. How will social security and protection systems be in the future?
The future of cities in times of climate change, risk and mass movement of populations
1. How does climate change happen in the city? What changes are required for cities to be resilient?
2. How are cities shaped by new models in tourism, such as AirBnB and mass tourism? Are there other tourism models? Can there be phenomena that exclude citizens from their city?
3. What models of housing and social inclusion of vulnerable groups can empower the neighborhoods and the cohesion of the city?
4. How will policy on energy poverty be based on social and green innovation?
The events are realized on a weekly basis, starting February until the end of June at the premises of the Welcommon Hostel, run by the Wind of Renewal.
The hostel itself is a demonstration of green social innovation that started its life in September 2016, as an innovative center for hosting and supporting the social inclusion of refugees that has been awarded for its community model approach for the protection and inclusion of refugees, migrants and Greeks. In spring 2018 was refurbished and turned to an innovative hostel which combines models of sustainable tourism with social inclusion, green and social innovation, cultural and energy transition activities.